Baldwin Series II Fuel/Water Separator Redesign
What is Series II?
The Baldwin Filters “Series II” fuel filter/water separators are direct replacements for the competitions’ “FM10” or “Gen III” products. The current Baldwin Series II line consists of 9 fuel filter/water separators.
What is the Change?
This family of filters is changing from a metallic housing to a high-strength polymer housing. As with the prior design, the new design will include a removable drain to accommodate the use of the various bowls, sensors and other optional components that are available from the OE dealer.
New Design Features Include…
- Tough, durable engineered polymer housing
- Conductive, polymer material designed to dissipate static electricity build-up
- Raised keys eliminated for universal fit on multiple fuel bases
- Wave spring provides installation resistance for proper fit
- No leaks at several hundred thousand application pressure cycles
When Will I See The New Design?
The Series II part numbers will not change. The new style filters will be placed into stock as the old style filter stock is depleted.
*Will be replaced by BF7951-D
NOTE: This change does not affect the marine version products, BF7949-DM and BF7971-DM. These filters will continue to use the metallic housing design.